The City of Villa Rica Highways & Streets Division maintains safe traffic and pedestrian friendly roads and walkways, while ensuring the adequate and timely drainage of storm water from city streets.
The Highways & Streets Division is responsible for taking care of issues along the city streets and issues within the city’s right-of-way such as:
- Potholes and sinkholes due to traffic/weather related occurrences.
- Remove dead trees, broken or low hanging limbs over the city streets and sidewalk areas that may cause injury, damage or poorvisibility to the traveling public within the city’s right-of-way.
- Installing stop signs and other regulatory/informative signage, to aid the traveling public.
- We work closely with the Stormwater Division to ensure that water drains from the streets and ditch lines, to avoid hazardous road conditions for the traveling public.
- Mowing and cutting of overgrowth along the streets within the city’s right-of-way.
- Remove blown or fallen debris, snow, ice, from the streets during natural occurrences, storms and winter weather condition within the city’s right-of-way.
Additionally, the Highways & Streets Department is responsible for all street signage within the city limits. All Highways & Streets Department personnel report to the Deputy Public Works Director who reports to the Public Works Director. For more information, please contact the Public Works Department.
Report a complaint or concern regarding a street related issue