Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
The Mission of the Villa Rica Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is to encourage students from 7th grade thru 12th grade to become life-long library users through the promotion of reading, volunteerism, and participation in the library, and to assist the library both in developing and implementing programs which serve local teens. Villa Rica Public Library recognizes its duty in promoting citizenship and literacy and believes that creating a teen-friendly environment is essential in sustaining a healthy, thriving community. To uphold this responsibility, the Teen Advisory Board aims to give the library a new perspective on youth and youth a new perspective on libraries.
- Must be 12 - 18 years old.
- Must be willing to commit one hour every three months for meetings.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must be interested in the library and improving library services for teens.
- Must attend at least five YA programs yearly.
- Must keep in good standing with the library, meaning no library fees over $10.
- Meetings begin on time.
- Sign in and out of meetings to record volunteer hours.
- Participate fully, please turn all electronic devices off.
- Respect the staff, each other, and the space.
- Attend meetings. After three excused absences and one unexcused absence, a TAB member will lose his or her position and must reapply for membership.
- Attend as many YA programs as possible and help with the setup and cleanup.
- TAB members must be voted in by the sitting Teen Advisory Board. TAB membership is limited to 10 people.
- Be a responsible library user and a role model at TAB and other
library functions; act in a way that reflects positively on Villa Rica Public Library.
- Be an advocate. Promote reading and library use.