- Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. Persons who attend school, own property or are employed full-time in Georgia are eligible for a free PINES card.
- Property owners who do not reside in Georgia are required to show proof of Georgia property ownership, such as a tax bill or deed.
- Non-Georgia residents who are employed in Georgia or attending school in Georgia are required to show proof of that employment or enrollment.
- Replacement for Lost or Stolen Cards cost $2.00.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply for a library card.
- An applicant for a new card is required to provide proper ID, which includes current, local address. Original documents are required.
Acceptable ID for receiving a PINES card:
A.) Photo ID showing current local address, OR
B.) Photo ID and one item from approved list (see below) showing current local address (if photo ID does not have correct address), TWO (2) items from approved list showing current, local address
Acceptable ID includes:
* Valid driver’s license
* Valid voter registration card
* Valid matriculate consular [2004.08]
* Checks with pre-printed addresses
* A utility bill
* Tax receipt or other piece of mail that shows the user’s
name and current address.
- Out-of-state cards are available to persons living outside Georgia who do not meet the above criteria for a $25 annual fee, payable at the time the card is issued. A temporary card is available for a $12.50 fee and is valid for 6 months.
- Every two years from time of application patron accounts must be renewed. Accounts must be in good standing with a zero balance in order to be validated for renewal. Patrons must be present and show valid ID to renew account. Account renewals may not be done by phone.
- A PINES card is valid at all participating PINES libraries.
Signing a PINES card application denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fines and fees for lost or damaged materials as well as any and all damage to the property of the Villa Rica Public Library.
All counties in green represent a participating PINES location!