Magazines and Newspapers
The Villa Rica Library offers the following magazines and newspapers. These periodicals do not check out.
||Light and Tasty
||Georgia Outdoor News
||Atlanta Journal Constitution
||The Villa Rican (Hard copies dated back to 1980)
||Wall Street Journal
Newspapers on Microfilm
Villa Rica carries the following newspapers on microfilm
||The Daily Times Georgian
||Nov 18, 1980 - Feb 15, 1987
||The Times-Free Press
||Jan 1975 - Feb 1976
||The Villa Rica Breeze
||Jun 27, 1930 - Nov 24, 1955
||The Villa Rican
||Oct 20, 1955 - Sept 1968
Jun 17, 1992 - Dec 1996
The Villa Rica Library offers a free meeting room that can be booked for: non-profit groups of an informational, educational, cultural, civic or professional nature. The room is not available for social gatherings or commercial purposes. Library sponsored events always have priority in scheduling. Other requests will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. The room seats about 40 people and comes with chairs and tables.
Rules and Regulations:
The meeting room may not be used for:
- Private social gatherings such as showers, parties, family reunions, etc.
- Commercial meetings or gatherings held for financial gain or furthering a commercial interested expect by charitable non-profit organizations
- Programs or classes that require a fee for attending
- Meetings organized by a political candidate or an organization specifically for the purpose of campaigning.
- No monies may be collected on library premises with exception of the following:
- Fund-raising events conducted by non-profit groups in which the proceeds will go to the direct benefit of the library
- Dues collected within a non-profit group
- Fees charged by an organization for materials used in program or for meals served as part of the program
All programs must be open to the public. Meeting rooms are available for use during normal library hours. Use of the room outside of normal hours is subject to approval by the county library board and the branch manager. Smoking is not allowed in the building. Permission to use the library meeting room may be withheld from groups damaging the room, carpet, equipment or furniture. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations will result in the group being asked to leave.
Photocopiers and Laminating
Prints = $.25 per page (black & color)
- 8.5" x 11" = $.15 (front) front & back = $.30
- 8.5" x 14" = $.20 (front) front & back = $.40
- 11" x 17" = $1.00 (front) front & back = $2.00
Laminating is $.75 per foot ( 25 inches wide, maximum width to be laminated is about 2" less than the width of the laminator)
Internet Use PolicyVILLA RICA PUBLIC LIBRARY PUBLIC INTERNET USE POLICYPLEASE NOTE: VIOLATION OF THE LIBRARY'S INTERNET POLICY WILL RESULT IN TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT LOSS OF INTERNET PRIVILEGES IN ALL PINES LIBRARIES.
The Villa Rica Public Library offers Internet access for patrons with valid PINES library cards. The library has no responsibility for the validity of information accessed through the Internet. BASIC COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE AND FAMILIARITY WITH WINDOWS IS ESSENTIAL. LIBRARY STAFF DOES NOT OFFER COMPUTER INSTRUCTION. LIBRARY STAFF CANNOT TAKE TIME TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR SPECIFIC COMPUTER NEEDS. THEY WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU IN LOCATING MATERIALS TO HELP YOU LEARN. MANY PROGRAMS HAVE ONLINE HELP.
USE OF COMPUTERS IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- Patron must have valid PINES library card.
- Printed copies are $.25 each. User must pay for all print-outs, including pages they may have printed unintentionally.
- Computer use is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Computer time is 60 minutes. You can use a computer twice during the day.
- Patrons using a computer for chat rooms, games or other recreational purposes may be asked by the library staff to log off if other patrons are waiting to use the computer for educational or research purposes.
- Users are responsible for any damage done to hardware or software.
- Patrons access the Internet at their own discretion.
- Patrons should not solicit help using the computer from other patrons or from library staff members.
- Patrons who continually talk or annoy others will be asked to log off and leave the library.
UNACCEPTABLE USES OF INTERNET COMPUTERS
THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK PATRONS TO LOG OFF COMPUTER IF STORM CONDITIONS EXIST.
- Using or viewing obscenity, profanity, or language, which may be offensive to another viewer.
- Downloading, uploading, storing or printing files or messages that are profane, obscene or that use language that offends or tends to degrade others.
- Copying commercial software in violation of copyright laws.
- Using Internet computers for any illegal activity.
- Deliberate attempts to degrade or disrupt the system's performance.
- Destruction of or damage to equipment, software or data belonging to the library or other users.
- Disruption or unauthorized monitoring of electronic communication.
- Violation of software agreements.
THE LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK PATRONS TO LEAVE WHO DELIBERATELY LEAVE ON CELL PHONES AND/OR HOLD CELL PHONE CONVERSATIONS WHILE IN THE LIBRARY BUILDING
The library offers some of the IRS tax forms. Forms are generally available after Christmas through April 15th.
The library offers the forms to register to vote. For a first time registration in Georgia you will need to bring a copy of one of the following items: a copy of a current and valid photo ID, a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
Atlanta Zoo Pass
Georgia families can now check out free excursions to Zoo Atlanta, just by owning a library card. A new partnership between Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Public Library Service allows adults with valid library cards access to the Zoo Atlanta Family Pass at any participating public library branch throughout the state of Georgia. For more information go to http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/article_content/library_announcement